Thursday, September 20, 2012

Vintage

Ciao amici ,
Today was just another day of classes for me. I had an Italian quiz this morning, I have a feeling I did well. I am not going to lie my mind kept thinking of Spanish numbers as i had to fill in the numbers in Italian. Then i had my history course, this class is probably my least favorite...the teacher is nice but all we do is read and listen to lectures not my kind of class. But at least i am taking it in Italy which makes everything better :). The other day on one of my walks alone around Firenze i stumbled upon a little vintage shop. The shop was amazing, I have always wanted to find a little shop like this. So happy i found it, the window display was so cute, their was vintage Chanel ties, Gucci purses, Fendi glasses. I couldn't help myself and had to go in, so I walked in and was greeted by a very nice lady who explained to me how everything was organized. All of the items from the boutique had tags on them, one side had the year the item was from and the other side the price. Let me just say i seen so many cute dresses from the 60s and 70s i could picture my grandmother rocking. The glasses case was to die for, all the frames that are now so in were all laying in the case from the 50s-60s. Chests of ties and beautiful silk scarves were around the shop. It was just like a boutique you see in magazines or movies, strands of pearls hanging from furniture and lamps. So I looked around and seen all the different brands of clothing and silhouettes and in my head tried to guess the era they came from. I stumbled upon this one shirt and I fell in love, It resembled a shirt that has now been appearing on the runways of designers like Versace so of course I had to try it on. Thank goodness the price wasn't too high, so of course in true shopaholic style i purchased the shirt. I have to go back and get some shades ! Or maybe when i revisit when i have a full time job I will be back for those bad boys !







Thanks to my lovely roomie Rachel for the mini photo shoot xoxo
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment