Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Dreamland....

Ciao ,
Hello all ! Sorry I haven't updated in a few days I have been on the go ! But I have so much to tell...this weekend I went on another trip to yet another GORGEOUS place ! The pictures do not do the beauty of Lake Como or Switzerland any justice. This is a place you have to visit to know what I mean.Being in Switzerland was like a fairytale, I could just imagine how much more beautiful it looks when it snows. Lake Como is a place where the rich and famous travel to. It is such a nice little place, the scenery is just WOW. George Clooney lives in Lake Como. We went to the Bellagio which was a little place with all the shops, and a cute little flower garden. Everything was on a hill, so in order to shop around we had to climb up stairs and go down more stairs. BUT I have to say Switzerland topped Lake Como for me, it was just breath taking. So during the trip we took a bus ride to Lake Como, we got off in Como and had lunch. My roommates and I had lunch at this cute little place; I had a hot chocolate which was so thick almost pudding like. Then I got a dessert which taste similar to a lemon cream cake. Great lunch right? In the morning on the way to the bus I had a bagel and cream cheese so I wasn't too hungry. After having lunch in Como we had time to take a few pictures and then off we went onto our journey to Switzerland, we made a little pit stop on our route. The bus driver pulled over and made time for us to take some pictures, Oh man when we got off the bus was it nippy lol. But I was prepared I packed some leggings and put them on under my shorts...I wasn't pleased with my outfit but I wasn't freezing so that was a sacrifice I was willing to take lol. So back on our journey, When we got to Switzerland we were supposed to stop and show all of our documents...funny thing is the Swiss police were not on duty lol. So we just rode right across the border into Switzerland. The scenery was just amazing, the grass is the greenest I have ever seen in my life. The view of the Alps was just amazing, I am not even someone who loves the mountains but this is hard not to love. We drove up a winding mountain, it was so nerve racking our huge bus on this small little road. But our bus driver got us to the top safely. We stayed in St. Moritz, Switzerland. This is actually a place where a lot of Olympic athletes come to train. We were served a nice dinner, with a million courses lol and then the rest of the night was ours to explore. The town was dead, we realized it is more of a winter place to vacation. We found somewhere to go a pub of course (american college students lol). The next morning we had a buffet style breakfast and then got started with a tour. Susie was our tour guide and let me just tell you her accent was so thick ! When actors and  actresses pretend to have these accents they are dead on, deep deep voice and alot of caaa sounds lol. She took us around St.Moritz, the town was so much better in the day time. We went around to different landmarks...passed by the town center where of course all the Louis and Guccis were. I need to be rich because my heart aches every time I can't purchase something at one of these stores. Its just the fashionista in me.Susie took us to a little chocolate shop, where we got to taste two different pastries...sadly I did not like them. But I did get some chocolates that I enjoyed. I am more of a candy girl (skittles, starburst). After this we went to the train station, this was the greatest train ride i have ever been on. It was a panaramic train, the window actually opened up and we rode through snapping shot after shot because everything was so amazing. The views from the train looked like paintings, i caught a few good ones on my ipod(my freaking camera died mid trip) and they looked like someone painted a scene from the sound of music lol. This trip was great, not only because it was so beautiful but it made me realize how so many different places have different kinds of beauty. I thought I loved the beach scene or hot tropical areas, but I loved this trip just as much as The Amalfi coast trip. This is definitely a place to see. So happy I chose to go !



















 this is my dinner I made :)



Ciao Ciao 

1 comment:

  1. wow, the pics look great. Such a nice scenery too

    ReplyDelete