Tuesday, October 2, 2012

1 month Celebration

Ciao !
Hi readers....I have been on a little blogging break once again I get so busy and don't get a chance to post all my pictures, But I am here! Last week marked the 1st month that I have been in Italy ! Honestly time is flying by!!! So the girls and I decided to have a big family style dinner. The girls down stairs also cooked and joined us, so we had 10 people sitting at our table...which thankfully pulls out. Just to name a few things we had on our menu ; potatoes and chicken seasoned in a tomato cheese sauce (made by yours truly), veggies and rice, Sausage, mac and cheese, guacamole, bruschetta, and even a chocolate cake and ice cream ! A couple of girls that live in the apartment below me are from Holland. They came to the dinner and made a pastry they eat in Holland, I loved them...the pastry was called "appelflappen". The dessert is made with pie dough I believe and chopped apples and cinnamon. They are similar to crab rangoon or empanadillas except they are filled with chopped fruits. Our table was set up with a nice table cloth, complete with place settings. We had such a good time ! Everything honestly came out well, especially since most of us don't cook at home! Makes me feel good i'm not the only one who is learning how to cook day by day ! But I am doing pretty well if i should say myself. Didn't poison anyone so I've been pretty successful. We all agreed this has to happen again ! Eveyone was satisfied at the end !







Ciao Ciao..
Look for another update very soon, A trip to the Boboli gardens !
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment